Warm weather savings tips
April 29, 2015
Stay cool for less this summer with these tips:
• Consider installing window fans, ceiling fans or whole-house fans. They can keep you comfortable while using much less power than air conditioners.
• Put up blinds, shades or draperies to block the sun during the hottest part of the day to hold down air conditioning costs.
• Have your central air conditioning system inspected and cleaned by a qualified professional to make sure it's running at peak efficiency.
• Clean or replace all AC filters at least once a month during the cooling season.
• When buying new cooling equipment, look for Energy Star ratings for the most efficient choices.
• Set your air conditioner’s thermostat at 78 degrees or a medium setting. Don’t crank it up to speed the cooling process. It won’t cool faster, but will force your unit to stay on longer and use more energy.