- South Hadley Electric Light Department
- 85 Main Street, South Hadley, MA
Office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
South Hadley voters founded the South Hadley Electric Light Department in 1914 because they believed that electric service works best for all customers when it is locally owned and controlled. Thanks to the foresight of those early citizens, our town still enjoys the benefits of our own municipal utility.
- There are no outside stockholders to pay, so our customers come first.
- All utility benefits flow back to customers in the form of improved service, lower rates, and other community advantages.
- Customers have a say in how their utility operates.
- Policy is set by an elected Board of Commissioners who meet regularly in open-to-the-public meetings.