Code of Conduct
South Hadley Electric Light Department employees strive to provide a positive experience for Town facilities, by following the “Professional Standards of Conduct Policy”. In addition, SHELD supports a workplace that is conducive to personal safety and security and is free from intimidation, threats or violent acts. SHELD does not tolerate workplace violence, including the threat of violence by anyone who conducts business with SHELD.
SHELD will not tolerate harassing conduct that affects employment conditions, that interferes unreasonably with an individual’s performance or that creates an intimidating, hostile or offensive work environment. Unsigned documents or letters will not be considered or reviewed.
Complying with this Code of Conduct is required by all people doing business with SHELD employees.
Violators who do not comply with this policy may be asked to leave the premises.
- AVOID CAUSING DISTURBANCES OR DISRUPTIONS
- SHOW RESPECT FOR OTHERS, BUILDING FACILITIES AND PERSONAL PROPERTY OF OTHERS
- USE COMMON COURTESY WHEN INTERACTING WITH OTHERS
- DO NOT ENGAGE IN ANY LEWD OR OFFENSIVE BEHAVIOR
- ANY FORM OF VIOLENCE IS PROHIBITED
- SMOKING, DRINKING ALCOHOL OR APPEARING TO BE UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF ANY ILLEGAL SUBSTANCE IS PROHIBITED
Repeated violations may result in permanent suspension of facility privileges.
Thank you for your cooperation!