Greenhouse Gas Reduction Rebates
SHELD’s GHG reduction rebates are offered to promote the reduction of burning fossil fuels (heating oil, gasoline, diesel, etc.) locally within the town of South Hadley. Not only will the reduction in GHG help fight climate change, but it will also improve the quality of the air we breathe! Items must be purchased between January 1, 2023, and December 31, 2023. The rebate application must be submitted by January 31, 2024.
|Electric lawn mower||$100|
|Electric Service Upgrade*||$200/location||_Must be related to new equipment installation|
|Residential Battery Rebate||Qualifying Brands||$100 per kWh of Battery Capacity|
|Behind the Meter Battery||Generac, Sonnen||$100 per kWh of batter capacity|
|Electric Vehicle Charger Brand||Rebate Amount|
|ChargePoint or Juice Box_||$300||*Must enroll in Connected Homes|
General Eligibility Requirements
- Applicant must be a current electric customer of South Hadley Electric Light Department.
- Only customers residing in 1–4 unit residences are eligible to participate.
- Only new equipment is eligible.
- Program terms and conditions are subject to change or cancellation without notice.
- The rebate amount cannot exceed the purchase price of the equipment.
- Lawn equipment rebates is valid for both corded and battery powered equipment; limit 1 rebate for the same type of equipment every 5 years.
- Electric bicycle limit of 2 rebates per SHELD account every 5 years.
- All battery rebates must be integrated in the Connected Home program; battery capacity must be between 7.5 – 20. kWh
- Rebates will be in the form of an on-bill credit beginning February 1, 2023.
- SHELD reserves the right to limit, approve or deny applications
For more information, call: (413) 536-1050
To apply by mail, please use this form
South Hadley Electric Light Department
85 Main St
South Hadley, MA 01075
To apply electronically, please utilize the below application.