2021 Greenhouse Gas Reduction Rebates
SHELD’s GHG reduction rebates are offered to promote the reduction of burning fossil fuels (heating oil, gasoline, diesel, etc.) locally within the town of South Hadley. Not only will the reduction in GHG help fight climate change, but it will also improve the quality of the air we breathe! Items must be purchased between January 1, 2021, and December 31, 2021. The rebate application must be submitted by January 31, 2022.
General Eligibility Requirements
- Applicant must be a current electric customer of South Hadley Electric Light Department.
- Only customers residing in 1–4 unit residences are eligible to participate.
- Only new equipment is eligible.
- Program terms and conditions are subject to change or cancellation without notice.
- The rebate amount cannot exceed the purchase price of the equipment.
Electric Lawn Equipment
Using a gasoline lawn mower for 1 hour produces as much GHG as a 100-mile car trip! Not only that, but you are directly breathing the exhaust from your own gas-powered lawn mower.
|Electric lawn mower||$100|
- The rebate is valid for both corded and battery powered equipment.
- Limit 1 rebate every 5 years for the same type of equipment.
Using an electric bike for short trips around town instead of a car not only reduces GHG but will also reduce traffic and ease parking congestion.
- The rebate limit is $200 per electric bike, limit of two rebates per SHELD account every 5 years.
Electric Service Upgrades
Burning fossil fuels in homes for heat and hot water, as well as in our vehicles, is a major source of GHG. The best alternatives include “electrification” of those systems, usually in the form of heat pumps/mini splits, and electric vehicles. To accommodate these technologies, some homes may require changes to the household electrical system. In addition to rebates for EV chargers and heating/cooling equipment, this rebate will help pay for those electric service upgrades.
- The rebate limit is $200 for each account service location.
- The electric upgrade must be related to the installation of new equipment.
Or Apply by Mail:
South Hadley Electric Light Department
85 Main St
South Hadley, MA 01075
Click here to download the form and apply by mail.
SHELD reserves the right to limit, approve or deny applications
For more information, call toll-free: 1 (413) 536-1050